ValleyRide: What’s Happening
» VRT BOARD APPROVES MINIMAL CHANGES TO EXISTING VALLEYRIDE SERVICES
The Valley Regional Transit (VRT) Board on April 4 approved minimal changes to ValleyRide bus services. The Board accepted the recommendations by VRT staff. Any service modifications will be implemented beginning Monday, August15th. Here is an update on what the Board's decision means to riders:
- Boise service: The pathway take by Route 10 Hill Road/Maple Grove will remain the same, but it will be split into two separate routes. One route will travel from downtown to State and Gary Lane, while the second route will travel between State and Gary Lane and the Boise Towne Square Mall. There will be a transfer point between the two routes at State Street and Gary Lane.
- Boise service: Keeping the route 16 VA Shuttle and the Route 17 Warm Springs as separate routes. More research will be done regarding combining the two routes.
- Intercounty service: Will remain the same with minor modifications to routing and timing.
- Nampa/Caldwell service: Will remain the same. A third bus will be added to the routes to increase frequency and improve on-time performance. The Route 57 Nampa/Caldwell Flex will discontinue service on August 15th. The Board directed VRT staff to work with Southwest District Health (SDH) officials to develop bus service to the SDH facility.
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MAIN STREET STATION PROJECT
Road construction, planned outdoor events, and holidays can result in changes in service, temporary route detours or the relocation of bus stops. For a full listing of current service changes, you can ACCESS THE RIDER ALERTS INFORMATION PAGE
Here are the newest service changes:
NEW » ROUTE 28 - A change has been made to the outbound p.m. schedule of Route 28 Towne Square Mall. The 3:20 p.m. bus that leaves Frank Church High School now leaves at 3:10 p.m. It arrives at the regional Social Security office on Vinnell at 3:27 p.m. and the Towne Square Mall at 3:36 p.m.
NEW » Routes 8/8X will not serve the section of Five Mile Road between Ustick Road and Fairview Avenue due to a road widening project. The outbound detour (heading north on Five Mile): right on Fairview, left on Mitchell, left on Ustick, right on Five Mile back on route. Inbound (heading south on Five Mile): left on Ustick, right on Mitchell, right on Fairview, left on Five Mile. The detour is expected to be in place until the project is completed.
» BUS LOCATOR PORTAL NOW AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC USE
Valley Regional Transit (VRT) has partnered with intelligent transportation system provider Routematch Software to create an online bus locator portal that shows where a ValleyRide bus is currently located. The portal allows riders to quickly and conveniently view where buses are in real time on any given route through an interactive map. This real time information is instantaneously pulled from tablet devices that capture GPS information from buses on the 26 ValleyRide bus routes. In the event that a bus stops transmitting its location data or is not equipped with GPS, it will not appear on this website, even though it is in service. In cases when there is no bus locator information, you can call RideLine customer service at 345-RIDE (7433). You can access the portal by clicking on the map above or on the following hyperlink:
ACCESS THE BUS LOCATOR PORTAL
Valley Regional Transit no longer processes applications/reapplications for the ACCESS program. The application process for ACCESS service is now managed by ADARide. There are two options for applying for ACCESS service:
1). Calll ADARide toll-free at 1-877-232-7433
2). Visit the ADARIDE WEBSITE
Baldwin joins nine other Travel Information Volunteers who provide travel assistance to Valleyride bus service users. The TIV program is part of our Travel Training Program. The program provides assistance to those who need help understanding how to use our fixed-line and inter county bus system. The training can be as simple as helping someone understand printed maps and schedules to a full ride-along on the bus. READ MORE