One-way Fares (click on the "All Fares" button below for more info)
Local Fares $1
Universal Fares $3
Things you should know:
- Transit passes are non-transferrable and are non-refundable. No refunds or exchanges for expired, lost, or stolen passes.
- Local passes are good for fixed-line bus service in Nampa/Caldwell and Boise/Garden City (Routes 1-29 and 51-54) and the #42 Nampa/Meridian Limited Stop.
- Universal passes are good for all ValleyRide bus services (Routes 1-29, 40-45 and 51-54).
- 31-day and stored value cards can be purchased at all Albertsons stores in Boise (except the store at Eagle and McMillan roads), Meridian, Nampa, the Caldwell store at 2500 Blaine, the WinCo stores in Eagle and on Myrtle Street in Boise, the ACHD Commuteride office at the corner of Curtis and Fairview roads in Boise, and the VRT offices in Meridian, 700 NE 2nd Street, Suite 100.
- Three-month and year passes can only be purchased at the VRT Meridian office. Three-month passes are good for one year from the date of issue. If you want to purchase a one-year pass, we need to take your photograph for the heavy duty plastic card. If you cannot make it to the Meridian office to purchase a long-term pass, we may be able to make special arrangements. Please call 208- 345-RIDE (7433) for more information.
- If you have any questions or need more information, call RideLine customer service at 208-345-RIDE (7433).
- Valley Regional Transit (VRT) accepts credit/debit cards for the purchase of fare media. Credit/debit card purchases may be made at the VRT Administrative Offices, 700 NE 2nd St. in Meridian, or by calling RideLine customer service at 208-345-RIDE (7433). Credit/debit cards are not accepted on ValleyRide buses to pay fares. Please note that a minimum purchase of $10 is required. The following handling fees will be assessed on all credit/debit card purchases: $1.00 for purchases up to $20.00: $2.00 for purchases between $20.01-$60.00; and $4 for purchases of $60.01 or higher.
- The senior fare category is for those who are at least 65 years of age. The student fare category is for those who are between the ages of 6-18. Medicare cardholders must have a photo ID with them to show the driver if requested.
- The only pass that can be purchased on a bus are the one-day passes. You cannot buy the $12 and $24 stored value cards. These cards can only be purchased at pass outlets and the VRT Meridian office. If you want to ride a Boise/Garden City bus and do not have exact change, the fare box will issue you a stored value card for the amount of change due to you. If you want to ride on a Nampa/Caldwell or inter-county bus, you need exact change; any amount you pay in excess of your fare will NOT be returned to you in a stored value card.
- All passes (except for the one-year pass) expire two years from the day of purchase.
- To ensure accurate ridership counts, every passenger boarding the bus must use some form of payment (cash, stored value, one-day or longer pass). If you are scheduling a large outing or field trip and plan to ride ValleyRide buses, each passenger must use one of these payment options. One-day passes can be purchased on the bus in separate transactions or bought in advance from RideLine customer service at 208-345-RIDE (7433).
- Transi-Cheks are being offered to encourage commuters to try an alternative mode of transportation. The Transi-Cheks Program rewards a commuter by subsidizing $20 a month for the first three consecutive months of their ValleyRide bus pass or Commuteride vanpool fare. The program is administered by the Ada County HIghway District Commuteride program. Read more about the program.