Upcoming ValleyRide bus service changes
The Valley Regional Transit Board approved ValleyRide bus service changes to fixed-route service in Nampa/Caldwell and to intercounty service at its Sept. 25 meeting. The approved changes will be implemented on January 15, 2018.
Here is a general description of the proposed changes. Information on route schedules and bus stops will be posted as soon as possible.
Route 41 Happy Day Transit Center/Boise State
• Re-timing trips to eliminate overlap service with Route 42 between the Boise Towne Square Mall and the College of Western Idaho.
Route 42 CWI/Towne Square Mall
• Extend the route to serve Happy Day Transit Center. The Route 42 runs will be at 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Route 43 Caldwell Express
• No changes planned
Route 44 Highway 44 Express
• No changes planned
Route 45 BSU Express
• Change outbound 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. trips to start at 10:00 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The proposed changes involve modifications to the current pathways and areas served by the local routes.
DOWNLOAD A MAP THAT SHOWS ALL CHANGES
Route 51 and 53
• Combine both routes to a new Route 51. The new route would provide service in south Nampa (Greenhurst and 12th Avenue) and the College of Western Idaho via 16th Avenue and Garrity Boulevard. Better access to Gateway Center and intercounty services. Increase peak hour service to every 30 minutes. The first trip of the new route 51 is at 6:45 a.m. It will operate on 30-minute frequency from 6:45-8:15 a.m. and 4:45-6:45 p.m. , and 60-minute frequency from 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. The last trip will be at 7:15 p.m.
Routes 52 and 54
• Combine routes 52 and 54 to create a single route (new Route 52) in Caldwell that will provide new service to the Department of Labor and Health and Welfare office and the VA Clinic. Provide service down the Nampa/Caldwell Boulevard to south Nampa via 12th Avenue. New service to the Treasure Valley Marketplace. The first trip of the new Route 52 will be at 6:45 a.m. It will operate on 60-minute frequency between 6:45-11:45 a.m. and from 3:45-7:45 p.m., and 120-minute frequency from 11:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
• Remove service on north Caldwell loop.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ROUTE 52 MAP
• No changes
If you have any questions about the proposed changes, you can contact Mark Carnopis via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone: 208-860-9811.