"I would love to share this experience with the general public and to any and all individuals who may stumble upon this page. I had a real pleasure doing my travel training with ValleyRide today!
"My husband was so skeptical about me using public transportation; however, with less the money I an going to spend traveling to and from, and with the built-in video surveillance cameras inside the bus - I felt safe riding the bus for the first time! The bus was clean, spacious enough and comfortable. Anybody will enjoy the trip.
"My appreciation for the service Ken, the Travel Trainer, has provided to me from the day I called in to inquire for travel training to the actual travel training today. he did an excellent job communicating with me during the trip and informing of important key points to remember when I travel. I am still new to Boise so his help is much appreciated. He is considerate, helpful, and made the travel training enjoyable. His is a true ambassador for your company!" Cristina Lyden
Learn how to ride ValleyRide buses and read bus schedules through our Travel Training program! This service is provided free of charge to anyone. We can help even if your disability makes it difficult for you to ride, read maps or schedules, or identify your bus stop. We can assist you in planning your trips!
You can receive free travel training from Valley Regional Transit Travel Trainers. They will help you plan your trip and ride with you to your destination during the training period. You determine the level of needed training.
Have you already participated in our Travel Training Program? TELL US about it.
Travel Training Services
- Trip planning and route training
- Provides customized service for each person to successfully use public transportation
- Designed for everyone, including seniors and people with disabilities
- Group Training and persentations available upon request
What are the benefits of travel training?
- You have the independence and flexibility to travel when and where you desire
- You do not have to schedule rides in advance
- Announcements are made at all major intersections and landmarks to alert you to your stop
- You can become familiar with your route
If you have questions or are ready to schedule an appointment with a travel trainer, please call 345-RIDE (7433).
Become a Travel Information Volunteer
We are actively recruiting for ValleyRide's Travel Information Volunteer Program. If you know our transit system and would enjoy helping others find their way, then we want you!
- Ride our buses for free while you volunteer
- Help people learn about our bus system
- Counts as community service
- Applicants must have been riding ValleyRide buses for at least two years; pass a felony background check and basic routing test and have a valid email address. For more information or to apply, call RideLine customer service at 345-RIDE (7433) or Ken Schick, Travel Trainer, at 208-559-1888, or firstname.lastname@example.org.